Friday, October 25, 2013

17 Ways to Be More Efficient When Working From Home

Working From Home
by Srivathsan G.K
1. Set up everything on what you need to work the night prior.
 
2. Start your workday directly with striking to-do lists instead of planning out things to do for the day. This saves more time.
 
3. Schedule your important tasks to do the first thing in the morning. Prioritize your list.
 
4. Discipline is much needed to be productive when you work from home.
 
5. Plan your daily work tasks based on the time you spend on workouts, breakfast, lunch, relaxation time.
 
6. Example to point 5: I list out my daily to-do and beside it I write the timings to work on the specific tasks. There by I get an overall idea of work that am going to do that day.
 
7. Break your tasks into smaller ones and start with the first one right away. Don’t over estimate your productivity.
 
8. Cut out distractions. How? Keep the door shut or locked if possible. Don’t connect to internet unless you need to do a research online.
 
9. If your work is based on the internet, then use software like cold turkey to block distracting websites.
 
10. Setup specific time to check email, reddit, twitter, facebook etc. You can use cold turkey software to even block email and other websites.
 
11. To be more effective and productive, you need proper energy and motivation. If you find yourself with lack of energy, get a break. I use Focus booster that is based on pomodoro technique. A timer is set for 25 mins and 5 mins of break. So every 30 mins, you need to take 5 mins of break for the flow of proper energy throughout the day.
 
12. Learn to say NO. Because when you work from home you have lot of distractions like family, friends, and neighbors rip time away from you.
 
13. To be more productive when working from home, you need to have a proper professional working environment.
 
14. Keep a separate space for your work office. Don’t work from your bed. Look out for some inspiration on setting up work from home environment. Google it!
 
15. Don’t confuse your work hours with life. Keep your work life separately from personal life.
 
16. Work from home – you can easily feel lonely, get depressed without interaction, and feel isolated. So constantly look out for motivational and inspirational stuff to keep you running.
 
17. As I said, separate your personal life from work life. Spend few hours in a day to meet people and interact with them. Best example: Hit the gym, you get to meet people and be healthy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Being a Stampin' Up Demonstrator Means To Us...

~ My favorite part of being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator is the ability to be creative and the Fabulous friendships that I have built! - Candace Y.

~ Stampin' Up! is my creative escape and my mommy time. Every SU event I attend or host is a time away from my not-so-creative job and a way for me to take back that time I need as a woman and to meet with (who have become) some of my closest friends. ~ Sarah S.

~ Stampin' Up! is my "Creative Outlet!" ~ Pam

~ Stampin' Up! is my "Female Bond Time!!" ~ Mariacristina

~ Mine has been all the wonderful friendships that have been created. ~ Susie

~ I love the FUN I have while creating Friendships. Making Cards is so rewarding (where being a Mom and Wife doesn't always show me rewards - lol). Sales and Classes Support My Families Budget and I feel like I'm contributing! ~ Jamie A.